Pages

Friday, July 5, 2013

Oh So Happy

I love all the diagonal scrapbooking I have been seeing lately and it made me think about the last page I did with a slight slant to it. About a month ago I set out to do a diagonal page  but every piece of pattern paper that I had looked horrible to me. Has this ever happened to you?

Now I don't have a particularly large stash (and that was cut in half when my apartment went up in flames last month) but I don't buy it if I don't love it. I guess after thumbing through the same 200 sheets of paper anything would start looking dated. So I decided that I would take my washi and some scraps of paper that was still appealing to me and make my own.

This is the result:



The picture is me in 1989 and it is overexposed and bleeding at the bottom but I still love it. My mom says I was a "Ham" for the camera when I was a child. I can only hope when I have my own that they will be the same way.....Hey, every scrapper can dream...Right?!?


So All I did was take strips of washi (grey) and strips of paper (pink) and lay them down in alternating stripes. I used the same pink paper covered in silver washi for the top mat and them a blue dot from a MME 6x6 pad for the bottom mat.


With the white grey and pink the almost sepia toned photo looked out of place. So, I went through my stash and pulled out every embellishment that I could find that matched the stripe in my dress from the picture. This made the picture look like it was part of the page.

That is Oh, So Happy. So I guess by now you all know that I was chosen to be a part of a great team of ladies over at the Counterfeit Kit Challenge Blog...And more excited I could not be!! So stay tuned in the coming weeks to see the pages that I have made using both their challenges and a couple of mine. I also have a couple of tutorials coming up.

On a personal note....Has anybody ever designed their own wedding invites because man I am having bride brain and I keep moving letters back and forth in millimeter increments.....I guess if I waffle in scrapbooking their is no reason that I wouldn't designing my own invitations, huh?

Until Next Time "Stay Crafty, My Friends"

Ashley Crafty

2 comments:

  1. Love the diagonal washi strips. They look fabulous. You did a great job of tying your picture and background together with your embellishments.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment. I Look foward to hearing from you.
~Ashley Crafty~